Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lesson #2 Use words of affirmation as often as you can

Words of Affirmation - Its one of the five languages of love, written by author Gary Chapman. "In communicating love, words are powerful. Words of afectionand endearment, words of praise and encouragement, words that give positive guidance all say,"I care about you." Such words are like a gentle, warm rain falling on the soul; they nurture the child's inner sense of worth and security. Even though such words are quickly said, they are not soon forgotten. A child reaps the benefits of affirming words for a lifetime"

One day, Yule was eating macoroni soup prepared by me. The usual stuff. And she suddenly came running to me while I was still in the kitchen washing dishes, and said "Mummy, 你煮的很好吃leh!" Then she hugged me and ran off to continue her meal. Of course it made me feel so good! The power of affirming words...

Looks like Yule is not the only one reaping the benefits from affirming words, her mummy is also enjoying how words of affirmation from her daughter is making her feel so loved!