Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lizard

Somehow, I have been most scared of lizards. I can't even bear to hear about lizards, or even look at lizard pictures. So happen one day, I was terrified by a big and blackish looking lizard as I was opening my wardrobe door in the bedroom... and I couldn't even bear to scream (for fear that I will make the lizard jump at me!!!!). I ran out of the room looking really terrified at hubby. At one look, he knew what I must have seen. Yule came to me looking puzzled at my lost of words and kept asking me what happen. All I can say to her is "Mummy is very scared of lizard"...

Little brave Yule kept hugging me, and told me not to be scared, while papa was frantically trying to hit and 'capture' the creature (basically whatever he can do to get rid of the lizard because house rules say wifey and lizard cannot co-exist in the same household!). She was patting my back and my head, for as long as 15 mins, and assuring me in a very gentle tone, telling me its ok and not to be scared. On one hand, I felt rather strange that my little girl was comforting and 'protecting' me, on the other hand, I was enjoying that moment!

I guess it only affirms us that we have done a good job in making her feel secure and protected all these while, and that in time of need, she could take on that protector role too!

The whole episode ended with the unfortunate demise of the lizard... seriously, not that I care abt that blackish creature.. but I did care and pondled when yule asked me "Mummy, 为什么 那个lizard要死啊 ?"

I couldn't answer her... maybe the answer would be "Too bad loh!"